Jello Ice Cream
It all started with an idea that I was pretty sure wasn’t going to work out as well as I was hoping. You see, I’ve never made homemade ice cream before. So, not only was I nervous that I’d mess up the base of the Jello Ice Cream, I thought for sure something would go wrong when I tried to “sherbet-ize” it (if you know what I mean).
As it turns out, the moment my kids and I finished making this Jello Ice Cream, I knew our lives would never be the same! Not only is this better than any rainbow sherbet I’ve ever had, it was simple to make and you can even customize the flavors.
—Oh. My. Goodness— This is REAL people……REAL.
Bonus: You can make this with or without an ice cream maker!
This post was updated on January 28, 2018
Originally Published: November 17, 2015
Ingredients for Jello Ice Cream
- KitchenAid ice cream maker (optional)
- Junket Ice Cream Mix in Very Vanilla. I found mine above the Jello mix at my grocery store or you can get it HERE
- 1 1/4 cups of whole milk
- 3/4 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tablespoon of powder Jello flavors: Berry Blue, Orange, Raspberry, Lime (or whatever flavors you desire!)
- Air tight container for storage
- 4 glass bowls
- 4 spoons
Jello Ice Cream Recipe
- Freeze your KitchenAid ice cream bowl for at least 15 hours
- Place the 4 glass bowls in the freezer for about 30 minutes
- With a whisk, combine the Junket Ice Cream Mix with the whole milk and heavy whipping cream until fully dissolved
- Put your ice cream bowl on “stir” then gently pour the mixture into the frozen bowl
- Let it stir for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the 4 glass bowls from the freezer and evenly separate the vanilla ice cream into the four bowls using a spatula.
- Put 1/2 tablespoon of the different Jello powder flavors in each bowl and gently mix with a spoon until fully combined. Try to do this as fast as you can to prevent the ice cream from melting (which is why the frozen bowls are necessary).
- Put the 4 different ice cream flavors in a container that can be sealed (as pictured above).
- Gently use the back of a spoon or your spatula to connect the 4 different piles of ice cream so they freeze as 1 piece.
- Put a lid on the container and let it freeze for about 1-2 hours before eating.
I just can’t get enough of this! It’s creamy, sweet, yet has the perfect sherbet flavors of orange and lime mixed in with a bit of berry.
People will never believe you actually made this with Jello. It looks incredible, tastes like heaven, and is actually fun to make. Not to mention: it’s incredibly easy to make.
If you don’t have an ice cream maker, here’s what you will do:
- Combine the Junket Ice Cream Mix with 1/ 1/4 cups of whole milk and 3/4 cups of heavy whipping cream.
- Stir until dissolved.
- Pour the mixture into a 9″ x 5″ pan and freeze it until it is firm.
- Break it into chunks with a fork, then put the chunks into a mixing bowl.
- Beat the chunks with an electric mixer until smooth (about 2 minutes)
- Repeat steps 6-10 in the first set of directions above. So easy!
This recipe makes about 4 servings … depending on what you consider a ‘serving size’ to be hahaha!
Life is short- just have fun and eat however much you want! Besides, you don’t come across Jello Sherbet Ice Cream everyday, right?
How could you say no to just a few bites of this? It’s so rainbow-y and pretty! It’s so creamy and delicious! Plus, it’s so easy and fun to make.
See? Our lives will never be the same. I just love when ice cream is capable of life changing powers.
Here are some of our other Jello recipes I know you will love!